Serious incident to the Robin DR400-120 registered F-GOVA on 06/12/2014 at Cambrai (Nord)

Investigation progression Closed
Progress: 100%

During a night-time take-off and the initial climb with the windshield demisting activated, the three occupants experienced dizziness and nausea caused by inhaling carbon monoxide (CO). Despite his reduced flying ability, the instructor made an emergency counter-QFU landing, without any further damage.

The instructor's doubt as to the interpretation of the colour of the CO detector patch led him to discuss the risk of poisoning during the pre-take-off briefing. This enabled the crew to react quickly by turning back after the first symptoms of poisoning were detected.

 

 

Publications and press releases