Activity in the International Arena
Member States of the European ENCASIA network
States that are signatories of bilateral agreements
In the context of its mission, the BEA has links with its international counterparts
The BEA is a member of the following networks:
ENCASIA (European Network of Civil Aviation Safety Investigation Authority)
- established in 2011
- groups together the Investigation Authorities of European Union Member States.
ECAC (European Civil Aviation Conference)
- established in 1955
- groups together the Investigation Authorities of geographically European States whether European Union Member States or not, in total 44 countries.
ITSA (International Transportation Safety Association)
- established in 1993
- groups together the Investigation Authorities for all modes of transport.
ISASI (International Society of Air Safety Investigators)
- established in 1964
- groups together the whole aviation investigation community (safety investigation authorities, manufacturers, airlines, sub-contractors etc.)
ESASI (European Society of Air Safety Investigators).
- established in 1983
- European branch of ISASI
FLIGHT SAFETY FOUNDATION
- established in 1947
- community (safety investigation authorities, manufacturers, airlines, sub-contractors etc.)
AIR (Accident Investigators on Recorders) which, every year, gathers together around 40 safety investigators who are specialised in flight recorders.
In order to facilitate free exchange of information and, in the context of standards and practices recommended in Annex 13 to the International Civil Aviation Convention, the BEA has signed cooperation agreements with its counterparts in 38 States in order to promote partnership in safety investigations into accidents and serious incidents in civil aviation. These agreements allow the BEA to provide assistance in case of a request but also to share its knowledge and its expertise with other safety investigation authorities